Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Newest addition to the clutch

I was waiting for this baby for two days already. I would take the egg, put it close to my ear and listen the baby scratch the egg shell. Yesterday morning it started making sounds too, but it hatched only late this morning. What a precious little thing!!


There are two days in age difference between the babies, but look at the huge difference in size!!

Notice also the differences in the colour of the eye - the second baby is definitely a lutino. the older one is probably a pallid or a pallid-ino, like his father.

Exciting days!

Mamma is doing very well, it is getting increasingly difficult to snatch the babies for a quick picture - this morning she almost got my finger! I am afraid I would have probably lost it :D

Have a good day everyone!

Update: Unfortunately this little fella did not make it to the next day. At some point I noticed that he was not being fed well, so I took over and did two feedings, but that did not help, so he left to the bird paradise. I will miss you baby bird!

________________________________________________________________________________

The March baby will be ready to go to his new family in the first weeks of June. Do you live in Montreal, QC or surroundings, and want to adopt him? Read here before contacting me.

________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment